Photo of my poems' book

Sunday, March 8, 2009

RAINBOWS COME, BUT ONCE

When I was ignorant about the world,
When I was not shrewd, but bold,
And when I wanted to enjoy all the pleasure,
And when I did foolish things without measure,
The world said I was madly in love.

When I thought that I was never wrong,
When I used to sing a fairy's song,
And when we travelled together,
Irrespective of hot or cold weather,
People said that we were hand and glove.

What ever he said entranced me,
What ever he saw I did see,
All his thoughts coincided with mine,
Because he loved me the reason is plain.
Seeing me everyone did gleam.

Let them speak anything they like,
Thought I, though they spoke like spike.
He was more than enough for me,
He alone and not anybody.
Life seemed all but a dream.

He reached my place in a single pace,
And starred at me face to face.
When he took my hand and lulled me asleep,
I felt that his love was very deep.
And swam in the dreamful sea.

When I was in my ecstatic sleep,
He gave me precious kisses to keep.
The trouble that troubled him, troubled me.
Though we sailed together in endless glee,
I didn't expect he would desert me.

Monday might not follow Sunday,
But we never stopped our play.
When I lost all my lore,
He quietly moved towards the door,
Still people thought he was my fiance!

I woke up and found that he went away,
And started searching for him, by this bay,
Here was where I met you my reader,
To tell you the story of my dear 'leader'
Learn - "Rainbows come, but only once."

-Sumazla

No comments:

Post a Comment